Skip to content ↓

Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy


Sixth Form

Student Finance

Paying for your UCAS application: There is a fee for making an application for higher education. The amount depends upon how many courses, universities and colleges you apply to. Find out more.

Going to university or college is one of the biggest investments you can make. Do you know how much it is going to cost you and what help is available? The links below will help you find the information you need.

Most students do not need to pay any tuition fees up-front, as you could be eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan. There are also grants and loans to help with living costs, such as rent, food, books, transport and entertainment. Further information can be found on the Government website by clicking here.

Full-time students in England can apply online for financial support at Applying online as early as possible is vital to make sure your money is in place at the start of your course. It’s quick and easy and you don’t need to have a confirmed place - just use your first choice of course and change it online at a later date if you need to. View more information.

For an independent view of what it costs and what the new student finance arrangements mean for you, visit

Operated by the Student Loans Company