Lessons for life (pshe)
Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education
Our PSHE programme is delivered through our Lessons for Life curriculum, which is delivered to all year groups for one our per week.
The programme of study for PSHEE covers years 7 to 13 and is based on three core themes:
1. Health and Wellbeing
3. Living in the Wider World
The programmes of study for each year group can be accessed at the bottom of this page.
Safe practices in the delivery of PSHE:
The following guidance is adhered to by our tutor delivery team:
* Read the session through before delivery in order to be prepared for the delivery of challenging content
* The aim is to create a safe Teaching and Learning Environment
3 Points to remember
* Establish Ground Rules for discussion
* Distance the Learning – no personal examples
* Encourage Questions (and allow for anonymous questions)
* The content of PSHE sessions can lead to student disclosures. If staff have concerns about a young person, they will follow our usual safeguarding procedures.
How do we ensure quality of provision?
* Full provision of curriculum materials ensures consistency of content delivery.
* Tutor Training is given prior to delivery of Sex and Relationship Education Modules. Individual advice and support is also available.
* Quality assurance of Lessons for Life will take place regularly.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback regarding the Lessons for Life/PSHE programme, please contact Mr M Oakes, Assistant Principal – Personal Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Government guide to RSE for Parents
Programmes of study - Find below