At OBA we will provide our students with a challenging, aspirational curriculum for social mobility through a range of appropriate pathways.
The curriculum will equip all of our students with the knowledge, qualities and skills required to enable them to respond positively to the opportunities and challenges of the rapidly changing world in which they live and will work.
It will be well matched to the starting point and aspiration of all students and seek to nurture those who need additional help and support all students to achieve excellence.
Through effective support, advice and guidance we will equip our students with the means to make informed choices enabling them to become:
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Responsible citizens
In order to do this we will:
- Adapt the curriculum to ensure good transition and continued progress from primary school through to KS5 and beyond
- Ensure that all students have good levels of basic literacy and numeracy
- Embrace personalisation
- Build in challenge at all levels
- Be flexible and provide a range of learning routes that are engaging, relevant and of high quality
- Include a range of pathways that provide for academic and vocational learning opportunities
- Embed enterprise learning into the curriculum
- Enhance our out of lesson provision through extra-curricular and extended school opportunities
- Build further partnerships with employers and businesses and recognise the importance of work-related learning
We will continually evaluate our performance through accountability measures that include:
- Attainment and standards
- Behaviour and attendance
- Participation in the community
- Involvement with further education, training and employment
- Healthy life choices