Please find attached the relevant packs and application forms for the IT Technician position
Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy
Job Title: IT Technician
Salary: Band 2, £16755 - £17391, SCP 9-13
Responsible to: Network Manager
VISION AND PURPOSE
To provide an IT support service to the Academy
- To provide IT support to the Academy.
- To assist with the repairing of computer hardware, and installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- To maintain all peripherals
- To perform a full IT hardware inventory and maintain this to comply with Audit regulations
- To be part of the Academy-wide training program, and deliver training when required.
- To work with staff and students to support teaching and learning.
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Academy’s policy, organisation and arrangements for Health and Safety at Work.
Participating in the Academy’s arrangements for performance management, professional development and the Academy’s arrangements for quality assurance and internal verification
To undertake such other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as the Principal may from time to time reasonably determine.
- To work as part of the IT support team
- To ensure that IT facilities at all times are fully functional
- Install and test new software using Microsoft SCCM 2012 where applicable
- Ensure software and operating system updates are installed as appropriate
- Maintain Digital Signage system and update/distribute content as appropriate
- Check new computer equipment on arrival, asset and record in the schools IT audit system and install as appropriate
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as printers, photocopiers, interactive whiteboards, projectors etc.; ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used
- To maintain printers, photocopiers and projectors including changing toners, waste toner boxes and bulbs
- To be able to assist in setup and configuration of Apple devices including iMac, MacBook Pro and iPad
- Support with the growing number of Apple devices to both Staff and Students.
- Creating new user accounts using Windows Server 2012 Active Directory
- Creating new email accounts using Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- To carry out basic network maintenance tasks such as resetting passwords
- Basic clerical duties related to the post
- Assist staff and students with the use of IT software and hardware
- To report and lost/damaged equipment
All staff are part of a whole Academy team. Each individual is required to support the values and ethos of the Academy and Academy priorities as defined in the Academy Improvement Plan. This will mean focusing on the needs of colleagues, parents and students and being flexible in a busy pressurised environment.
Due to the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of Criminal Record Disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4, (2), of the Rehabilitation of Offenders 1974 (exemptions) (Amendments) Order 1986. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are “spent” under the provisions of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up, any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Academy. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.