Ormiston Bolingbroke Students Celebrate GCSE Success
Students, parents and staff at Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy are celebrating fantastic GCSE exam result success today.
There were several subject highlights, with English, Science and Spanish all seeing an increase in the percentage of students achieving the top Grades of 7 and above (equivalent to the old A*-A). The number of students achieving a Grade 5 or above in History has also significantly improved.
Over 75 % of the grades awarded in Music, Art and Drama were at the higher Grade 5 or above, whilst ICT examinations achieved over 95% Grade B and higher.
The academy places great importance on careers advice and guidance and has developed a curriculum that aligns with the local labour market. The tailored curriculum was also successful with 100% of students achieving a pass in Construction, Engineering, Motor Vehicle Engineering, and Hair and Beauty and over 96% of Business Studies students achieving a fantastic Merit or higher.
Amongst some of the individual successes included:
- Ewan Jago, who achieved a Grade 9 in English language, alongside a Grade 8, six Grade 6s, and an A.
- Bethany Davies, who also achieved a Grade 9 in English Language, alongside a Grade 8 in Spanish, amongst other high grades across the board.
- Bethany Lewis, who achieved a 9/8 Grade in Combined Science in addition to a Grade 8 in English Language, History and Spanish alongside a range of Grade 7s and 6s across the board.
- Bethany McTegart, who achieved a Grade 8 in Maths, Chemistry and History alongside a range of Grade 7s and 6s in all other subjects.
- Ellie Rae, who achieved a Grade 8 in English Language, Literature and Spanish amongst other high grades across the board.
- Tamin Buyuktepe, who achieved a Grade 8 in English Language and Drama alongside a range of other Grade 7s and 6s.
Emlyn Wright, Principal of Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy, said:
“As we were last week for our A level results, the Board of Governors and I are very proud of all of our students’ achievements and are very grateful for the hard work of the very talented staff of the school who work tirelessly to support students to be the best they can be. We have worked even closer with parents and carers over the last 12 months and we are celebrating together today. Thank you to all parents and carers for your ongoing support.
“Our mission statement is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to go to university or get a good job to give them a life of choice and opportunity and I am glad that we have lived up to that again. Every student has a range of academic and vocational qualifications that will stand them in good stead for further study in Sixth Form, to take on an apprenticeship or to go onto work-based training. We are looking forward to welcoming most of our students back into our excellent Sixth Form.
“Our academy is improving year on year and whilst we will take some time to celebrate the achievements of the class of 2019, we will be back next week and ready to make sure the class of 2020 reach their full potential. We also look forward to welcoming our biggest ever Year 7 in September. 2019-20 promises to bring even better things for OBA’
Nick Hudson, Chief Executive Officer at Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT), said:
“A huge congratulations to all students at Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy collecting their results today. As a Trust, it is our absolute priority to ensure that every student fulfils their potential, no matter what their background.”