Parents/Carers - a fEW KEY messages ABOUT gOOGLE cLASSROOMS
Parents/Carers - A few key messages about Google Classrooms
Dear OBA Parents / Carers:
The first day of using Google Classroom as an online learning platform is well under its way. A lot of our students have engaged with the available activities and our staff – as always – are keen to support their learning. We will continue working together to establish an effective learning provision within our community.
A few key messages regarding Google Classrooms:
- Password issues: there are instructions on how to access Google Classrooms on our school website, in the ‘Remote Learning’ tab.
- All students should aim to get into a routine of completing their work on a day-to-day basis. Please support your child in establishing a clear routine for learning (8.30-3.00), with relaxation breaks scheduled for them.
- The work set on Google Classrooms follows the school timetable, with minor modifications for some subjects. Your child will have work to complete every day.
- Each task has instructions on how to complete it and is to be submitted online. The due date is the time when classroom teachers will start providing feedback for the submitted work.
- If your child has got any questions about the work set, they should ask them via Google Classrooms.
- Encourage your child to contribute to the classroom discussions by answering the questions posted by their teachers and responding to their peers’ feedback.
- The Tutor section will contain other activities which will aim to develop your child’s understanding of wider issues (PSHE) and also to encourage their wellbeing through reading, relaxation and family challenges.
We appreciate that some students might struggle initially with navigating their way through Google Classrooms and completing some of the tasks. We are sympathetic to the challenges this might pose. Feel free to offer support and encouragement to enable your child to experience success.
We thank you in advance for your support with this new way of learning.