At OBA we are dedicated to ensuring that our academy environment supports learning and the wellbeing of students and staff through a strong sense of community cohesion. Cooperation, support, and respect are the foundations of our community and we work hard to provide a safe academy where students feel included in every aspect of academy life and comfortable to voice their opinions.
We believe that all students should be aware of the standards of behaviour that are expected of them, and take responsibility for promoting these standards. We hope that by encouraging positive behaviour patterns we can promote good relationships throughout the academy built on trust and understanding, and that through the use of this policy we can support all of our students in developing a high level of social awareness. Our aim is to ensure that all our students leave the academy with the key skills they need to continue to progress to the best of their ability in all areas of life.
Click on the above images to enlarge
Academy Code of Behaviour
To uphold the academy Code of Behaviour my teachers will expect the following from me:
- To show respect to all people and have good manners at all times.
- To be considerate to others in the way I speak and act.
- To arrive on time to school and to my lessons.
- To bring the right equipment with me to school and be ready to work at all times.
- To have my school planner with me at all times.
- To pay attention and listen at all times.
- To work to the very best of my ability in all my lessons.
- To take pride in myself, my appearance and my work.
- To reject violence in any form.
- To respect other people’s property, the school building and the environment.