Welcome to the Year 7 page. I’m Miss Porschke and I am the Head of Year 7. My role is to ensure an effective transition between your child’s transition from primary school and adapting to life at secondary school to begin their journey towards their GCSEs. Transition can be a scary time for the younger pupils and doesn’t just last for the first couple of weeks of starting at the Academy but throughout the year to ensure they start their journey on positive footing. With the 2016-2017 Year 7 intake being the academy’s largest ever year group it is a very exciting time across the academy. As Head of Year I have high standards and expectations for all students. I expect behaviour within the year group to be impeccable, attendance to be at least 97% and punctuality excellent. For pupils to expand their horizons and their social skills I expect all students to attend at least one enrichment activity per week. The benefits being that pupils will learn new skills, make new friends and build in confidence.
As an Academy we also guarantee that all pupils will be invited to a residential trip and many will experience various other educational, sporting and reward trips throughout the year and their time at OBA.
With the support of my Assistant Head of Year Mr Milne and my team of Form Tutors we will ensure your child’s pastoral care is of the highest standard to make their time at OBA a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Miss Z Porschke – Head of Year
The Year 7 Team include:
- Head of Year: Miss Z Porschke
- Assistant Head of Year: Mr Milne
- Second Assistant Head of Year: Miss Styles
- SLT Link: Miss Smith
The Year 7 Form Tutors are:
- 7GCN/RRS: Mr Clerkin & Miss Roberts
- 7SSS/SMU: Miss Styles & Mr Murphy
- 7ANN/ACY: Mrs Noon & Miss Connolly
- 7TRN/CBR: Miss Reardon & Mr Butcher
- 7AHH/JHY: Miss Howard-Hildidge & Mr Houslay
- 7DMR/JHT: Mr Mercer & Miss Hart
- 7PHY/KHN: Mr Hendry & Miss Houghton
- 7MRN/ABI: Mr Rushton & Mr Bird
The Year 7 Support Staff include:
- Mrs A Jarvis (Attendance and Punctuality)
- Mr Miller (Additional tutor)
- Miss Skidmore (Additional tutor)
Celebrating Year 7’s Achievements
- Congratulations to Zach Comer who was awarded the Outstanding Year 7 pupil Award during the Autumn Term celebration assembly due to his excellent attendance, punctuality, Attitude to Learning grades, contributions to ECM and attendance to enrichment.
- Congratulations to Caitlin McKenna who was awarded the Autumn Term A2L award for receiving the most grades for outstanding behaviour in Year 7.
Congratulations to the following Year 7 students who have achieved 50+ A2L Grade 1s during the Autumn Term.
Cerys Lea Burns
Demi Leigh Gaskin
Matthew Hughes Yeoman
Kaci Leigh Jones
Tutor Attendance Award
Congratulations to 7GCN/RRS for achieving the highest attendance during the Autumn Term! Make sure you attend school every day to improve your form’s attendance and win this term’s reward!
|Form||Autumn Term Attendance|
100% Attendance Awards
Congratulations to all of our Year 7 students who achieved 100% attendance during the Autumn Term. Keep up the good work!
Demi Leigh Gaskin